What we are looking for now are people who would like to take part by being facilitators in the live sessions offered in the Elluminate meeting room. If you have a look at the program, you will see the slots where we need people to help us.
Who can be a facilitator?
Ideally we are looking for midwives or nurses who have an interest and knowledge of the topic, but having said that, you could also be an interested health consumer or educator.
What we do require is that you have access to a computer and headset, that you can use Elluminate on your computer, and you feel confident with online communication and have a reasonable level of ability to handle technology.
The Elluminate meeting room is open now and available for you to have a play and orientate yourself to it. Instructions on how to use Elluminate can be found here.
What do facilitators have to do?
As facilitators what you'd be expected to get in touch with the speaker you have offered to support before the 5th May and make sure they have access to Elluminate and everything is working as it should - this includes checking that any PowerPoint presentations work correctly.
On the day we will ask you to:
- support the speaker, introduce her, keep her to time, facilitate discussion (make sure people get the chance to ask questions etc), summarize the discussion and end the session at 10 minutes before the hour - this gives the next speaker time to set up etc
- orientate participants, tell them how to use Elluminate and support them as they set up their microphones and speakers
- record the session
- deal with basic technological issues
- remind people how/where they get their certificates of attendance
- remind participants how to access the evaluation survey.