To be honest, I haven't given my talk much thought up to now. I had planned on reguritating a similar talk I gave at the Aged Care Queensland conference last November. But some of the people coming to the meeting tomorrow may also have been to the November conference, so I need to put a slightly different slant on things. I also have to remember that my audience will be slightly younger than I am used to talking to - the 'dreaded' Generation Y. So whilst it would be easy to assume that they know about social networking, that may not actually be the case.
Here are some ideas for my talk:
- Why networking is important as a young person starting off in a profession.
- What an online network is.
- What online social networking can offer a young professional.
- How to build a network.
- What issues you need to consider with online networking.
- Some tools to consider using.
Image: 'Happyness' zanzibar