Friday, January 16, 2009

Using Facebook to network a midwifery conference


I am very excited to see that the Australian College of Midwives is using Facebook to network its next conference, which is being held in Adelaide 22-25th September. I am not a great user of Facebook, but I am very interested to see how this page develops over the next few months, and find out what impact, if any, it has on the feel of the conference.

Planning an abstract on Facebook
I will submit an abstract because I am planning to go to the conference, but am not too sure what to talk about. I want to talk about how midwives can utilise social networking in their practice, but that's about as far as I've got.

So I have made a comment of the 'wall' asking if anyone has any ideas about what they'd like to know about. If I know what midwives are interested in, then I'll be better able to focus the abstract and plan my talk to suit their needs.

I'll let you know how successful this has been as a networking strategy.

Ideas
In the meantime, if you are a midwife planning on going to the conference, please feel free to comment here if you have an idea about what you'd like to hear about in relation to the Internet, online tools or social networking.



Image: 'Mother and child' .robbie
www.flickr.com/photos/14821912@N00/131284220

No comments: