I was just thinking about my first blog post of 2009 and I was tagged by Michele Martin to do the 7 More Things You Don't Need to Know About Me meme that's currently going around. I don't often respond to tagging because I haven't got time. But it's 6am on New Year's Day - I am sitting in bed with nothing much to do - hubby's off to work and kids are sleeping off the night before - so here goes.
1. My first 'real' job as a 14 year old was working in a car parts company in Bristol, UK, sorting out windscreen wipers.
2. My first boyfriend was called Dave and he gave me my first kiss when I was 14. We went out for 10 weeks and our dates were mostly made up of meetings at church. One day I couldn't find him at church, which was a little strange. After the service, my dad told me that he had been told that Dave had broken up with me. Dave never said a word to me after that. It took about four years for my broken heart to heal.
3. I stole a pencil sharpener from my teacher when I was 5 (you really, really didn't need to know that!).
4. I think David Beckham is really, really hot!
5. I have spoken to Cliff Richard. He was about to perform at a christian rally. I asked him for his autograph but he refused as he felt it was inappriate for the occaision. I was gutted.
6. I won second prize in a knitting competition when I was about 7. The truth is that the scarf I knitted was rubbish. But all the other entries were crocheted and were expelled from the competition because it was for knitted things. That left just me and another entry, which is why I got the prize for being second out of two. I am still very proud of that achievement.
7. I have a huge, ugly mole on my back. It makes my kids sick when they see it. Have you ever heard of babies born with extra body parts attached to them...you know... like an extra arm or something. Well, my mole is a bit like that ...and it keeps growing. In fact, I'd say it is a bit like Kuato in the film 'Total Recall'. But I am too broke to have it removed. I was quoted $160 by my GP but I am far too mean to spend the money. I can't see it so I'm not worried.
What are the seven things we don't need to know about you?
Here are the seven people I have tagged: