Five top worst things about Karachi
- Policemen and security men on every corner holding machine guns.
- City is always on an edge, waiting for outbreaks of violence...mostly driven by politics.
- Food poisoning - the Karachi version of 'Delhi Belly'.
- Can be a lonely place for westerners because there are so few in the city.
- Warm, welcoming people.
- Colour...the buses, women...
- Shopping - I didn't find the prices any cheaper than Thailand, but there are some wonderful shops and markets where you can bargain the prices down.
- Food - Pakistani people love their food.
- Very vibrant city which really comes alive in the evening.
I will go back if I get another chance. but I did find it a very restricting place to live in. This was manageable for a short period of time, but I could not live in that environment for much longer.