Sunday, November 21, 2010

Not listening to a word Leigh Blackall says

One of the things I love about my blog is that it allows me to go back in time and track what I have been doing and learning...and hopefully I'll see the evidence that I'm turning into a better and greater person.

But I had to laugh a couple of days ago when I found a comment by Leigh Blackall that he made here a year ago. Leigh has been my mentor for a few years and loves to challenge me. This is what he said to me last year.

:P you never listen. Eportfolios. Secondlife. Noodle. Wikieducator. What can I say. You learn from your mistakes. My job is to make sure of it!

So here I am in 2010...collaborating in an international Second Life project with the Virtual Birth Unit...using Wikieducator to deliver my courses and harping on about ePortfolio......still making the same old mistakes a year later.....just don't tell him, will you!?!

2 comments:

Leigh Blackall said...

if these are the sorts of projects that get you work, don't let me stop you, not that anything I said set you on a true path. ;)

Sarah Stewart said...

It's going to get worse next year, Leigh. I will be teaching a course that has already been fully developed for me...in BlackBoard. That's going to be challenging for me...may take a couple of years to think around this problem/issue...and decide how to move the course into more activity-based learning.