Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A sort of reply from the Prime Minister of New Zealand

A few weeks ago I wrote to John Key about the apprenticeship system in New Zealand and the concerns I have about the way young men (and women) are exploited, especially in relationship to the re-building of Christchurch. To be honest, I didn't expect to get an answer. So I was very pleased to get this "sort of" reply from the PM's office:

On behalf of the Prime Minister, Rt Hon John Key, I acknowledge your email. Please be assured that your comments have been noted. As the issue you have raised falls within the portfolio responsibility of the Minister for Tertiary Education, Hon Steven Joyce, your email has been forwarded to his office for consideration. Thank you for writing. Regards

Edward Watson
Correspondence Assistant
Office of the Prime Minister

I now look forward to hearing from Mr Joyce.

No comments: