Sunday, September 11, 2011

Loving Dunedin's new stadium...hating England's new black strip


I went to Dunedin's new stadium on Saturday for the first time, for the England vs Argentina game.

The bad news is I am going to be paying for it, as a rate payer, for the next 40 years.

On the positive side, the stadium is amazing. It was warm, dry and the atmosphere was stunning. Having survived many occasions at Carisbrook where I came that close to being hospitalised for hypothermia, it was wonderful to be watching rugby without taking half of my bedding to the game.

The only downside of the game was the new colour of the England strip. Why they have ditched white and red, and changed to black is beyond me.

4 comments:

moira stephens said...

looked a great stadium - agree about the strip - perhaps that's why Jonny struggled!!

Kim Mc said...

Hi Sarah,
I am participating in a new online course 'Pedagogy First' and reflecting on my experience with FO2010 and how you inspired me to blog. http://kimsthinking.blogspot.com/2011/09/engaging-readers-means-you-have-to-give.html
I added comment to this post as I think it is a perfect example of how you 'give of yourself' to your audience which engages them.
Thanks for your continuing inspiration.
Kim Mc

Sarah Stewart said...

I tell you, Moira...I am seriously
worried about Jonny!!

Sarah Stewart said...

Hi Kim, lovely to hear from you. Thank you so much for your very kind words :)