Here are tools we can use for sharing and collaborating with colleagues, practitioners and students.
- Collaborative documents - Google Documents
- Collaborative websites - Wikieducator, Wikispaces, Wetpaint
- Web conferencing - Skype (this will need to be downloaded onto computers), TinyChat, DimDim, WiziQ
- Sharing video - YouTube
- Sharing presentations - Slideshare
- Social bookmarking - Delicious
The best things in life are free
Here are some free online tools that can be used to support teaching, presentations, collaborations, sharing and organisation of resources. When you using, creating and sharing free online resources you need to consider issues of copyright, so check what licence the resource has eg does the resource have an 'All rights reserved' licence or 'Creative Commons'.
- Images - Flickr
- Video - Animoto
- Audio including music- Jamendo
- Screencasts - Screenr
- Mindmapping - MindMeister, Wordle
- Collaboration - WallWisher
Social networking for education
Here are some popular social networking websites that we can use for our professional development, networking and connecting with students.