We have planned four outcomes from my trip:
1. Provide information about how midwifery education is provided in New Zealand, focusing at blended delivery and elearning models that could be transported into the Pakistan context.
2. Provide information about eLearning models, theory and tools that can be utilised in the Pakistan context: -
- Hands on workshops and demonstrations.
- Development of a resource that charts free, online, open access teaching resources and links.
4. Development of a draft of an article for publication about our online collaboration over the last 3 years.
As you can see, life is going to be very busy. But I have a couple of days off so I hope to do some sight-seeing and get a feel for the culture in Karachi. I am a tad nervous about going in view of security, but Rafat managed to twist my arm when she told me the shopping was superb.
I've had a jab for every complaint under the sun and been given strict instructions to avoid cuddling dogs (and men) that are foaming at the mouth. I will be there during Ramadan, so what with fasting all day...and catching the "Karachi Trots", I am hoping to come back three stone lighter!!
I would love to hear from anyone who has been to Karachi and Pakistan - what would you recommend I do and see when I am there? What tips about safe travel would you give me?
Image: 'A Beautiful Night View Of Adnan Asim's+Karachi+City.+Also+Mazar-e-Quaidâ+The+Mausoleum+Is+Viewable+In+The+Picture'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17255092@N00/1572489310 Muhammad Adnan Asim