- live presentations via web-conferencing facilities
- electronic discussions
- audio & video recordings
- blog posts
Expressions of Interest
The organising committee are now calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) to present at the VIDM eVent. While the EOI must be in English we welcome presentations in other languages. We also welcome EOI from non-midwives and midwifery students. Presenters need not be experienced in using electronic media - members of the organising committee will be able to give support.
What to write in your EOI
Please provide a short paragraph (no more than 150 words) describing your presentation and the form it will take (for example a PowerPoint presentation, live or email discussion, video, photographic slide show, story-telling session). Please also include your status (eg midwife, non-midwife, midwifery student), country of origin and language of presentation. Your presentations or resources should;
- Have a clear aim or purpose
- Focus on maternity care or midwifery
- Be of interest to an international audience
- Be appropriate to the chosen media
If you would like to give a live presentation, please indicate what time and time zone you are available in your EOI.
Please note: We will be using the web-conferencing platform Elluminate. All live sessions will be facilitated by an experienced online facilitator so you will be supported at every stage.
Where to send your EOI
Please submit your EOI by 11th March 2011 by;
- Email to Sarah Stewart: sarahstewart07(at)gmail.com
- Or add it to the VIDM wiki: http://internationaldayofthemidwife.wikispaces.com/International+Day+of+the+Midwife+2011
- Or add to the VIDM Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/VirtualInternationalDayoftheMidwife