Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Collecting tips and tricks for using Adobe Connect for international conferences

 This year we are using Adobe Connect (a web conference software) to deliver the Virtual International Day of the Midwife, which is a free online conference for midwives on the 5th May, 2012. Up until this year we have used Elluminate, which has been very kindly provided by Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand. But this year OP has moved to Adobe Connect, so consequently, we have had to make the move also.

Adobe Connect
Over the last three years I have become quite adept at using Elluminate, so it is with some trepidation that I am preparing to use a new software. The principles of online facilitation are the same whatever technology you use. However, I am finding it difficult to find people to talk to who are experienced with using Adobe Connect, especially with large, global audiences.

I am slowly getting my head around how to use Adobe Connect. I have collated information about how to use it for VIDM 2012 participants, and have a detailed plan for facilitators who have volunteered to help out on the day. I have also managed to get some answers to questions from the Adobe Connect Q&A forums.

Tips and tricks for using Adobe Connect
Here are a few tips and tricks I have picked up.
I would love to hear from you if you use Adobe Connect on a regular basis, especially for large global events. Do you have any particular tips and tricks? I am especially interested in how you admit people into a room, especially important people like a speaker, that is already full? 

No comments: