Sunday, June 7, 2009

Making online surveys with Google Forms


I have been a great fan of SurveyMonkey for making online surveys, but the big disadvantage has been that the free version does not allow you to download and share your results.

I have known about Google Forms, which is part of Google Documents for some time but have never investigated further (to my detriment). Suffice to say, it is a great tool for developing online surveys and it downloads data directly into a database. This tool is free and very user-friendly. Here are some instructions about how to use it. I highly recommend this compared to the free version of SurveyMonkey.


Image: 'Surveying at Heathrow' Wessex Archaeology
www.flickr.com/photos/32884265@N00/321370565

2 comments:

infomidwife.paulinerose said...

Hi Sarah, yes thanks to you I too tried monkeysurveys and it was good, I liked it. But like you say, it then costs..... so I might give it a google a go!

Sarah Stewart said...

Let me know how you get on.