Friday, August 24, 2007

A fresh start

I started a blog last year which was devoted to my PhD but I did not keep it up. So I have decided to start again but make it a more general blog to look at anything that interests me from midwifery practice to mentoring, education and anything else that makes me think. At the moment, I am thinking about 'natural learning' which is the learning that people gain from 'real life' problems/issues as opposed to scenarios that are presented in the classroom. Am also interested in how we can facilitate 'communities of practice' where people come together in a group to support each other and learn from each other. Both these theoretical models of learning fit with mentoring and what we do as health professionals when we work with students, new graduates or colleagues. I am also very interested in the concept of cross-discipline mentoring, so if you have any ideas about that, please feel free to drop me a line.

No comments: