Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lunar eclipse


Tried to watch the lunar eclipse last night but it was quite cloudy so viewing was spasmodic. What I did not realize was that the moon goes red when the moon is totally eclipsed. I remember two occasions when I have seen the moon brilliantly red and just didn't click what was happening, so it really isn't too late to learn! The first time I saw it, I was a child. Having been brought up in a Christian home and regularly regaled with stories from the book of Revelation in the bible, I was terrified that it was the end of the world.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great photo Sarah but it was better further south. I didn't think to get my camera out though. I have started a blog at mymidiblog.blogspot.com . I can't seem to get the page to show as a whole page and I am having some problems with the setup. Yours looks really good. How did you do that I can't seem to get mine to show everything. eg I added a hyperlink to my rural midwives wikispace but can't get it to show. Have you any ideas?
Thanks
Carolyn

Sarah Stewart said...

I'll have a look and get back to you. I have found this program to be extremely easy and really enjoy using it.