Sunday, January 31, 2010

What are your top midwifery blogs, websites and online resources?

I have been asked by Bertalan Mesko to come up with five or six top midwifery online resources for his website, Webicina.com. Keeping in mind that my context is English-speaking and Australasian, here are my suggestions.

Midwifery Peer-Reviewed Journals
Open, free journals that may be of interest to midwives - most are peer-reviewed
A full list of open eJournals for midwives can be found here.

Midwifery Blogs
News sites
Twitter users, Youtube and SlideShare channels

Twitter
YouTube
Slideshare
Podcasts
These are just a few suggestions from me. What online midwifery resources would you recommend? I am especially interested in non-English speaking resources.

7 comments:

Melissa Garvey said...

Thanks for the link to JMWH, Sarah! Also from the American College of Nurse-Midwives, I recommend @acnmmidwives on Twitter, www.facebook.com/acnmmidwives, and Midwife Connection at www.midwife.org/blog.

Sarah Stewart said...

Hi Melissa, I've already got your Twitter account on my list. I'd love to see JMWH freely available in an open access format...hint hint! :)

Also, thanks for Facebook reference. I do not have any FB groups included - how useful do you think FB is for a professional organizations such as yours?

Sarah Stewart said...

@nursingpins suggests blog:
http://guerrillamamamedicine.wordpress.com/

Berci Meskó said...

Thank you, Sarah, for the great list!

Finally, here is PeRSSonalized Midwifery that lets you create a personalized midwifery journal. http://www.webicina.com/perssonalized/?page=2&cat=32

Sarah Stewart said...

I'd better warn everyone they are being watched!! :)

Tatiana said...

Great list! Came across it researching for my own related but different list: http://becomingmidwives.blogspot.com/2010/07/free-resources-for-midwifery-study.html

Sarah Stewart said...

Thanks for this list, Tatiana. There are some great resources here that I have never come seen before :)