Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tomorrow's the big day: facilitating an online midwifery meeting

I'm getting rather nervous yet excited about the online midwifery meeting I have advertised; the first being tomorrow morning (NZ time). A number of people have said they want to attend and I have answered some common questions. Several colleagues from Australia have tested the URLs I have posted and have been able to access Elluminate without any problems, so that's encouraging.

I shall be online several hours beforehand (from 6am New Zealand time) and contactable by email: sarahstewart07(at)gmail.com

and Skype: sarah.m.stewart

If you are planning on attending and have any problems logging in, please feel free to contact me and I will help you as much as I can.

The aims of the meeting are to discuss New Zealand midwifery and give people the experience of using Elluminate and be involved with online conferencing. Hopefully, this will be the beginning of international networking and in the future result in some sort of collaboration using social networking. Anyone is invited: midwives, students, people interested in midwifery in New Zealand, people interested in using Elluminate for networking and teaching.

No comments: