Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's true! Big brother really is watching

I got very excited the other day when I received notification that one of my students had added me as a Skype contact. I looked and saw that she was online the same time as me, so decided to call her up.

The call was answered and I started to chat away saying 'Hello, this is Sarah here. How are you?' and so on. But the call was dropped. I tried ringing several times but the call wasn't answered again.

The next day, my student said I gave her husband a terrible fright. He hadn't realized that she had installed Skype, so when he heard me talking to him, he thought someone was watching him through the computer.


Image: 'Self Portrait with Glass' Jacob Whittaker
www.flickr.com/photos/45097561@N00/439046462

6 comments:

tasteach said...

Sarah thanks for visiting the student blogging competition page. We have only been going for one week and already I have written comments on nearly every student. After the adult challenge, I find the students are more likely to write comments back and are very willing to ask for help. So the next ten weeks will be flat out for me.

Sarah Stewart said...

I must admit when I saw the numbers of blogs involved in this competition, I thought that you had your work cut out. Good luck with it. I'll try to comment of some of the blogs as and when I get time.

Sue Waters said...

That so cracked me up. Rule #1 always start with chat message first. Rule # 2 once they start chatting back ask if you can call them. Rule #3 No freaking out other people's partners except it's MINE :)

Sarah Stewart said...

Now you tell me, Sue!

Sue Waters said...

Which the last rule #3 or you didn't know any of the above? PS will send you a tweet when I need you to freak my hubby out to get him off my computer.

Sarah Stewart said...

Oooohhh! That sounds like great fun!