Thursday, September 25, 2008

An introduction to Second Life

Second Life is a virtual world that is being lauded as having huge possibilities for midwifery networking, education and professional development. People are already thinking about using it for meetings, conferences, skill development, scenarios and problem-solving.

Second Life Unconference
If you have heard of Second Life and would like to know more, or would appreciate being shown around by experienced Second Lifers, here's your opportunity. A Second Life Unconference has been organised by for 27-28th September and hosted on Jokaydia. The program can be found here.

Second Life newbies
A large emphasis has been placed on SL newbies, so this is a great time to learn more with the support of very friendly and helpful Jokaydia residents who will work with you to sort out your appearance, dress and show you how to get around.

Meeting Petal Stransky
If you would like someone's hand to hold, please let me know and I'll do my best to meet you in SL as Petal Stransky. I am not a great expert, so will be planning to attend some of the newbie sessions, time constraints allowing.

3 comments:

Bob Bunderfeld said...

If you would like, I would be most happy to help out the 27th and 28th.

I am what you would call an OLD TIMER and I do New Resident Q&A's three times a week, so I'm thinking I could help if you wanted.

Just holler at me in-world, Bob Bunderfeld is my name!

Sarah Stewart said...

Thanks for that kind offer, Bob. Have you met the crew at Jokaydia?

Bob Bunderfeld said...

To be honest, I don't remember a lot of people that come thru our Q&A, I've been doing it for 5 years, so the number of people we've helped would probably be equal to or greater then the amount of people helped by SL Mentors :)

But, I would be happy to meet with you in-world and we can discuss what you are wanting to do.