Saturday, March 28, 2009

Flexible Learning 2009: Introduction

I am in the throes of enrolling into the Otago Polytechnic "Flexible Learning Course" facilitated by Leigh Blackall and Bronwyn Hegerty.

Free course
The course is free as an informal learner. This means you have full access to all the course material and can join the learning activities. If you wish to have your assignments assessed and receive the course qualification, you need to formally enroll.

Introduction
Here's a quick video explaining why I want to take the course and what I am hoping to learn.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcEceYYXq7o

8 comments:

Leigh Blackall said...

Thanks Sarah, its good to have you with us. Its especially good that you have something specific in mind. I'm wondering, when you looked at the course schedule, and thinking about your specific idea.. was there anything missing in the schedule you think?

Leigh Blackall said...

btw, I reckon the tag for categorizing content may as well be "flexiblelearningcourse". I think that's what we said it was...

Mike Bogle said...

Hi Sarah, Sounds like a great course. I'm taking a look through the topics now as well as some of the video introductions and screen casts and it sounds really interesting. I'll look forward to following your blog posts on this :)

Hope all is well!

Cheers,

Mike

Sarah Stewart said...

@Leigh - there's nothing I can think of at the moment but will have a ponder.

@Mike I would appreciate your support - it was invaluable when I did the connectivism course

Mike Bogle said...

I'd be happy to lend a hand in whatever way I can. Were it not for serious lack of time these days I'd sign up myself - perhaps discussions with you about it will let me experience the course vicariously :)

I'll follow your blog posts closely - but also please feel to email me or Skype me too if you want. Do you have my email address?

Bronwyn hegarty said...

Great to have you in the course Sarah and lovely to see your face again! :) The e-mentoring course sounds great. Can I enrol? I am looking forward to how your ideas unfold.

Helen said...

Excellent video Sarah - well done. Now don't set the bar too high for the rest of us! Only joking.

Helen

Sarah Stewart said...

Yes, but don't forget, Helen, I've been doing this for a while now - but still have lots to learn.