Sunday, March 22, 2009

Virtual birth unit starting to come together

I had a quick tour around the virtual birth unit on Friday.

It is very exciting to see it start to come together.

We still have an awful lot of work to do on it by the end of May, but it is starting to feel very real now as opposed to a nebulous concept.

What has struck me is the homely feel of the birth unit, which, of course, is what we are aiming to create.


So if we do nothing else, getting students to think about the environment and birth will be a fabulous achievement.

Meeting up with SLENZ team
Meanwhile, I am off to Wellington to meet up with the rest of the Second Life Education Team New Zealand for a couple of days to plan the next stage of the project.

2 comments:

vandymcnew said...

That looks AWESOME!!! I have been putting tons of time in our on place. Seems thats all I ever do anymore. I know the feeling of when it starts coming together. Feels good! :) Your's totally looks AMAZING though!!!! Congrats.

Sarah Stewart said...

Thank you very much - I can take no credit at all. It is very time consuming, but I am really looking forward to working with people in it once it is completely finished.