Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Midwives in Second Life

Carilyn's plans for a midwifery meeting in Second Life are coming along. I think she is planning it to be about 24/25th February.

So if you are a midwife or student or anyone else for that matter, wanting to know about Second Life, keep an eye on Caroyn's blog for announcements. She has also posted some videos about how to orientate yourself to Second Life.

If you are an experienced Second Lifer willing to give us a hand, we'd love to hear from you.

Also, if you know of any islands that would be of interest to midwives or midwifery students and educators, we'd love to hear about them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently you can take your midwife to the beach and do the nasty too.

Sarah Stewart said...

Oh my goodness!! I don't think I want to know!

Elinor Clarke said...

Coventry University in the UK have an island in second life. I have built a centre for Interprofesional e-learning (currently has got the builders in doing the final fix)As a midwife I have included a birthing room, waiting room as well as lots of other learning spaces (Helicopter pad on the roof)Very much work in progress but I am researching use and resuse of learning objects in MUVE's Best wishes Elinor

Sarah Stewart said...

Thank you very much for that, Elinor. I did a bit of a hunt around today but didn't come up with much, except to end up in some weird 'adult' place.

My vision is for one shared resource/island that midwives/midwifery educators/students can go rather than us all doing our own thing.

Whats your SL name - contact me by email if you don't want to share it here: sarahstewart07atgmail.com

Sarah Stewart said...

You'll be glad to know I have found out how to make it day time!