Saturday, November 14, 2009

Do you have a public Google profile?

I have just discovered a new element of the Google range and that is the public Google profile - here is mine: http://www.google.com/profiles/sarahstewart07

Having a public Google Profile will increase your presence on the Internet which is particularly important if you want to promote yourself online for whatever reason. The instructions on how to do it can be found here.

What I like about it is that it very easily hooks in your other online channels like YouTube, Slideshare and blog accounts. Let me know how to find your profile - I'd love to have a look to see how you use it.

5 comments:

Claire Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire Thompson said...

Hi Sarah,
Your post was a good reminder to take another look at the profile I created months ago and forgot about. It definitely needs some tweaking, but here's the link.

Sarah Stewart said...

Thanks for that, Clare. I knew I had a Google profile but I just didn't realise how much more involved it had got. I think it is yet another option to help people start off their digital portfolios. cheers Sarah

InfoMidwife said...

what a great idea Sarah, however I am not sure I want my blog connected to my profile... have to think about that one... the biggest issue I have is about confidentiality and the internet...but it is good information to know...

Claire Thompson said...

@InfoMidwife, I believe that you can choose exactly what you make public, so if you do not wish to link your blog to your profile you don't have to. Cheers!