Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My nominations for the 2008 Edublog Awards

It's time to make nominations for the 2008 Edublog Awards. These awards are made to educators who use blogs and technology in their teaching practice. Last year I hadn't been blogging long enough to have a sense of who or what was what. But this year, I would like to make the following nominations:

Best individual blog
Leigh Blackall: Learn Online
I don't always understand what Leigh says or agree with it, but he regularly challenges and stretches me to see outside and beyond my boundaries.

Best group blog
Sarah, Angela and others: Salford University Occupational Therapy Education Blog
These occupational therapist educators are fairly new to blogging and have just set up an online Masters' degree in occupational therapy. They are blazing the trial in the use of technology in health education, and have been very supportive of me in my personal efforts.

Best new blog
Carolyn McIntosh: Fled: Flexible learning education design
In this blog, Carolyn discusses issues in relation to midwifery education.

Best resource sharing blog
Sue Waters: Mobile Technology in TAFE
Sue is always so incredibly generous in giving her time, being supportive and sharing her resources.

Most influential blog post
Michele Martin: Becoming a More Reflective Individual Practitioner
This post is sums up what reflective practice is all about. I use it extensively as a resource for students.

Best teacher blog
Alan Cann: Science of the Invisible
I love the way that Alan write things that are always of interest or relevance to my situation, and the way he honestly shares his experiences as a teacher in a way that I learn from.

Best educational tech support blog
Rudd Lucier: The Clever Sheep
I regularly get ideas from Rodd on how I can use technology in my teaching and learning.

Best elearning / corporate education blog
Tony Karrer: eLearning Technology
Am really enjoying his current work on work place literacy and learning.

Best educational wiki
Sue Waters, Silvia Tolisano, Michele Martin and Kim Cofino: 31 Day Comment Challenge
A great learning activity that was started in May this year.

Best educational use of a virtual world
Has to be Jo Kay: Jokaydia.com

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

wow! thanks for your nomination. I am flattered :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nominations, Sarah. I'm blushing. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nominations, Sarah. I'm also blushing. Especially pleased about the Comment Challenge wiki.

Angela said...

Thanks from me and the team here also - what an honour to be nominated. You too have been a great support and inspiration in our quest for development. Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for nominating the Comment Challenge Wiki! So flattered to be included :)

AJ Cann said...

Thanks for your generous comments.

Tony Karrer said...

Thanks for the nomination and comments.