Friday, June 6, 2008

Comment Challenge Day 26: Exploring Seesmic to make video comment

Day 26 of the Comment Challenge involves making a comment using media other than text - Day 25 was a rest day, thank goodness!

Experimenting with Seesmic
I am really excited about this task because I have been wanting to try out Seesmic for a while. Seesmic is a web application that allows you to have video conversations using web cam. It never fails to amaze me how much more connected I feel to a speaker when I watch him/her on video, as opposed to reading the written word.

The problem with Seesmic
I had great fun watching comments and making my reply on Kate Foy's blog post " 3 weeks of Commenting: time for a break". This was made a lot easier by the Seesmic plugin that Kate has enabled.

However, it appears that you cannot use it with Blogger. So I am not sure how I go about enabling people to make video comments on this blog - if you know, please let me know.

No comments: