Friday, March 14, 2008

Fetal circulation and Baby's first breath

I have to admit that anatomy and physiology is my weak point, and fetal circulation is one of those things I have always struggled with...so don't ask me any questions about it!

Here is a video about how baby's circulation changes when he is born. It has been recommended by my friend who teaches midwifery students this topic. It is a complicated subject but will be of interest to parents who have never thought about how their babies live and 'breathe' in pregnancy and when they are born.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

This is really good, have you put it on the wiki?

Carolyn said...

I have just put it in the wiki with the clinical practice videos under a new heading of bioscience.
http://www.wikieducator.org/Clinical_practice_videos

Anonymous said...

sweet - I can insert this into my current child health lecture - except I don't know how - so i will ask you later. Thanks Sarah
rae

Anonymous said...

Neat video. I have taught grade 12 students about fetal circulation for years, but had only the vaguest notion of how the fetus switched over to normal circulation at birth. Now I know and can teach my students--thanks for that!