Sunday, January 6, 2008

Association of Internet Researchers - 2008 Conference


The Association of Internet Researchers is an excellent international association to belong if you are interested in carrying out research using the Internet as a research tool or if you are researching the Internet. I have been a member of its discussion list for a number of years - you do not have to be a member of AOIR to be on the list - and have picked up a lot of very useful information that I have used for my own research. The work AOIR has carried out on the ethical issues of Internet research has been invaluable.

I have attended two AOIR conferences and have found them to be great places for networking and learning information. I have also attended a PhD symposium, which again has led to excellent feedback on my PhD research as well as making invaluable contacts, one of which led to the publication of a book chapter: Delivering the goods: Midwives' use of the Internet. So I highly recommend the 2008 conference if you fancy a trip to Denmark.

The 2008 AOIR Conference is: 15-18th October in Copenhagen.

Deadline for submission of abstracts is: 8th February.

Detailed information about the conference can be found here.

Image: 'Inside One Wilshire' Xeni Jardin

www.flickr.com/photos/81513646@N00/397163659

No comments: